A New Year, a New Relationship With Your Back
Starting on June 5, 2021, Physical Therapy and Feldenkrais NYC will offer a brand-new program focused on healing back pain and sciatica, restoring wellness, and preventing future injuries of the low back.
Everyday stress or acute trauma can cause damage to the spine that can affect almost every aspect of our lives. Understanding and nurturing a positive relationship with your spine and low back can help you to avoid future pain, as well as to more quickly heal and recover from pain you might already be experiencing. Read on to discover what this dynamic new program has to offer.
How we work
A pain-free back is the freedom to move through your life.
Safety & Comfort
Reliable and Scientifically Proven Methods
Healing & Behavior
Flexibility & Strength
Kindness & Compassion
Is this course for me?
We can meet you where you are.
This program can serve you if you are:
- Experiencing chronic or intermittent back pain (longer than 3 months)
- Recovering from recent injury or new back pain (within 3 months)
- Looking to protect your back from future injury or pain (prevention)
You will benefit the most if you are:
- Curious about mind-body integration
- Proactive about your health
- Seeking an effective daily exercise routine
- Interested in introspection and reflection
What Our Clients Say
Marek is outstanding. I trust him more than I trust many doctors!
August 10, 2020
Adam H. Sobel
Feldenkrais classes take me on a daily trip into myself. They begin to teach me about how my physical/mental being works. They are freeing — they give me breathing room at a moment when so much is closed down, restricted. Super-good!
August 4, 2020
November 7, 2020
November 11, 2020
June 8, 2020
December 6, 2020
About Our Methodology
To maximize the benefits you can receive from our work, we’ve synthesized multiple successful and practical techniques for the treatment and prevention of low back pain, drawing from:
- Modern, evidence-based physical therapy and rehabilitation medicine.
- The back pain treatment protocol of Hans Kraus, MD, who is considered one of the fathers of physiatry and sports medicine—a pioneer of trigger point therapy and the back pain doctor of President John F. Kennedy. We will include and perfect his exercise protocol taught to more than 300,000 people worldwide.
- The theory and practice of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. His movement-based approach to learning, the Feldenkrais Method®, provides an unparalleled understanding of the role and function of the skeleton, muscles, and nervous system of the human body. Practitioners learn to navigate their environment, from using gravity and dynamic interactions with the ground and supportive surfaces to implementing the physics of movement and supportive mind-body connection based on the integration of movement, thinking, sensing, and feeling.
- The science of habits and change.
- Mindfulness training, Buddhist psychology, and teachings.
The program provides:
- Remedies for back pain & sciatica
- A simple home program that will set you up for success without any special props or equipment
- Increased flexibility and strength of critical postural muscles
- No-nonsense knowledge of what to do and what to avoid to alleviate pain and recover from injury fast
- Strategies for dealing with setbacks and flare-ups
- Prevention of back injuries and pain
- Relaxation of muscle tension and tightness
- Relief of trigger points, muscle knots, and spasms
- Improved posture
- Restoration of ease and comfort in everyday activities
- Ergonomic home/work-station, including computer desk evaluation and guidance on improving your posture and body mechanics
About Marek Wyszynski, PT, GCFP
Marek has 30 years of experience working with people suffering from pain and orthopedic neurological problems. He has also trained athletes and performing artists. Marek has published articles in medical journals (Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Pain Practitioner) and leads continuing education courses explicitly designed to bridge the complementary worlds of Physical Therapy and the Feldenkrais Method®. He is a former national champion of Poland and individual bronze and team silver medalist of the 2019 Fencing Veteran’s World Championships.
18 Nov 2020
Marek's years of clinical experience
Private and group sessions in 2019
Workshop participants in 2019
September 4, 2020
September 8, 2020
Marek taught a wonderful breath class yesterday. He is a generous master teacher. I love his accent; it makes it easier for a Swiss to understand.
November 9, 2020
Can I do the exercises on the bed, or do I have to get down on the floor?
What should I wear?
Loose, comfortable, and warm clothing.
What kind of mat is best for these exercises?
Please use a comfortable mat or a blanket. A yoga mat may be too thin, but you can place a blanket over it to make it softer. The mat needs to allow for sliding of the legs easily. Too much friction will restrict movement.
Should I do the exercises when I am in pain, or should I wait until the pain is gone?
What should I do if a particular movement or position hurts?
Do I have to do all 25 days of the course?
What if I cannot attend a session?
Please try to follow the recording of the missed session on the same day.
Do I need to be present for all the daily sessions?
Will a recording be available to us?
Yes, you will receive the recording of each daily session in your inbox on the same day.
Can I do the exercises more than once a day?
How long does it take to do the daily exercise program?
When and where will my 6 individual sessions take place?
Your Six Individual Sessions will take place through Zoom or in our Chelsea office.
We will contact you to schedule your Initial Assessment session with Marek Wyszynski PT, GCFP, and the remaining five Feldenkrais sessions will be with one of our experienced Feldenkrais practitioners.
You have up to six months to schedule your sessions.
Choose Your Package
Registration only for Healthy Back Program (1st edition) Graduates. You will be verified by email after purchase.
By learning, practicing, and applying essential strategies on a regular basis, you can create a healthy life, free of suffering for years to come.
Reclaim the power of your back! Join us.
Secure your spot before the prices increase!
Please note that this is a special offer for the Healthy Back Program (1 ed.) graduates, valid only until Friday, May 14, 11:00 am EDT. Make sure you purchase before the prices raise!